Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Menu Monday!

Once again we have busy week ahead of us!  I'm glad I sat down yesterday and planned out the month's menu.  How is your menu planning coming along this week?  

As far as breakfast goes, everyone will do their own thing since they are all old enough to make their own and usually want something different.  On the weekend my husband usually makes breakfast.  So, I will probably have two scrambled eggs with a sliced mushroom and bacon bits, with possibly three reduced fat Wheat Thins on the side and a bottle of water.

Everyone makes/takes their own lunches, I just supply the ingredients they need.  So my lunch will be 1/2 regular size bag of romaine lettuce, 1/2 can breast of chicken and two tablespoons of dressing, with three reduced fat Wheat Thins on the side and a bottle of water.  

Here is what I have lined up for my dinner menu this week...

Monday:  Almond Chicken Stir-Fry and rice.  The original recipe can be found here: Almond Vegetable Chicken Stir Fry.  I adjusted it by substituting tapioca flour for cornstarch, brown sugar blend Splenda for the brown sugar, and eliminating the almonds since my family doesn't care too much for nuts in their savory foods.  Without the rice, I counted it as 3 proteins, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch, and 1/2 fat.

Tuesday:  This is an OYO meal (On Your Own) due to everyone having to be somewhere at different times.  I have supplied the family with Hot Pockets, frozen burritos, pizzas and corn dogs to pick from.  I'll be eating the remaining 1/2 can of chicken breast and a can of vegetables (zucchini in tomato sauce, green beans, asparagus, spinach or squash), with three reduced fat Wheat Thins on the side and another glass of water.

Wednesday:  This is an OYO meal as well.

Thursday:   Cajun Style Catfish, broccoli and rice.  I will count the catfish as 4 proteins and 1/2 fat.

Friday:  We will be eating out because tonight is high school football game night.

Saturday:  Italian Beef Kabobs, green beans, rice. I will count the kabobs as 4 proteins, 2 vegetables and 1 fat.

Sunday:  Garlic Chicken Kabobs, broccoli and rice.  I will count the kabobs as 3 proteins and 1/2 fat.







No comments:

Post a Comment