Friday, June 8, 2018

My Absence From the Blog

It's been a while since I've been on here.  2017 was not a fun year for me.  In February of that year I found out I had a highly aggressive triple negative breast cancer in my left breast.  It was the size of a pin head; however, it had already moved into a nearby lymph node. I had to have two different rounds of chemotherapy, a left mastectomy and radiation.  I was thrilled when my surgeon said the breast and 11 lymph nodes they removed showed no signs of cancer!  Praise the Lord!  I finally finished with my radiation about a week before Thanksgiving.  

I'm just now beginning to get back to 'normal'.  My lower back and legs were used to me being pretty sedentary all that time so I'm still not quite back to being able to resume all my daily activities.  I still can't bend over well enough to put my own shoes and socks on or stand for long periods of time.  My husband still pretty much makes the meals and does the housework.  I'm pushing myself and doing better but I've been afraid since my legs went out at the store in January of this year and I was unable to walk for about a week after that.  

I began going to the chiropractor in February.  My first visit I was in a transport chair, now I don't even need a cane!  

I've started working out with weights again and using my treadmill.  This is the third week since I began.  I can see a large improvement.  I was surprised when I tried to get on the weight bench at my first workout I couldn't put my leg over it by myself and it hurt my hips just to sit on it.  Last Wednesday, I could get on and off the bench myself and my hips are just fine.  Also I am able to stand up without holding onto something most of the time now.  It's amazing what small accomplishments can seem like such huge triumphs!

No comments:

Post a Comment