Wednesday, August 19, 2015

BEEF CHOP SUEY

This was really good!!  Rave reviews from all the family!  It reminded me of the canned Beef Chow Mein we used to eat when I was growing up and when I was first married. Although, this version is healthier since it doesn't contain all the preservatives and it was real meat and not cubes that you are eating.  

I didn't eat the rice, but I did like eating the broth with my reduced fat Wheat Thins, so I may break them up and eat them like Chow Mein Noodles next time.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!  

Sorry for the poor picture.  




Beef Chop Suey

1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken broth, undiluted, divided
1 cup chopped celery
1 can (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
2 tablespoons tapioca powder
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
Hot cooked rice

In a nonstick skillet or wok, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain.  Add 1 cup broth and next three ingredients.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until celery is tender.

Add bean sprouts.  Combine the tapioca powder, soy sauce and remaining broth; stir into beef mixture.  Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.  Serve over rice if desired.

I counted this as:  3 pro; 1 veg; 20 opt. calories

Nutritional Information:  (Obtained through Mastercook v. 14)  304 calories; 20g fat; 10g carb; 3g fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment